EnVIsion Tomorrow Recovery Program The VI Housing Finance Authority is introducing the EnVIsion Tomorrow Rental Reconstruction Rehabilitation Program intended to repair and reconstruct the damage caused by Hurricanes Irma and María. Landlords can apply by calling 888.239.3387. Round 1 applications will be taken 7/1/19 – 9/29/19
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Ownership/Landlord – Must prove ownership as of September 2017.
- Storm Damage – Property damage must be caused by Hurricane Irma and/or Hurricane María.
- Eligible Structure – The damaged property must be one of the following eligible structure types:
- Single Family
- Multi-Use Note: Year-round rentals only (not seasonal rentals)
- Must Lease to LMI Tenants – The owner/landlord must lease to low- to moderate- income (LMI) tenants.
- 10 or 15-year Affordability Period – If property has less than 8 units, rental rates must not exceed 30% of the renter’s income for 10 years. If property has 8 units or more, rental rates must not exceed 30% of the renter’s income for 15 years.
WHAT DOCUMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED?**
Proof of Ownership
Please provide one of the following documents:
**Program requirements subject to change.
- Deed (preferred)
- Title report (issued by a licensed title insurance company)
- Tax assessor records
- Other legal documents (to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)