DO I QUALIFY?
EnVIsion Tomorrow Recovery ProgramThe VI Housing Finance Authority is introducing the EnVIsion Tomorrow Rental Reconstruction Rehabilitation Program intended to repair and reconstruct the damage caused by Hurricanes Irma and María. Landlords can apply by calling 888.239.3387. Round 2 applications will be taken 5/18/20 – 8/16/20.
NEW ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTSPriority 1 – Property damage must be caused by Hurricane Irma and/or Hurricane María.
Priority 2 – Units that are acquired after the storm; or Units that were under construction and the award amount must be able to bring the unit to an occupancy level
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Ownership/Landlord – Must prove ownership of the damaged property.
- Storm Damage – Property damage must be caused by Hurricane Irma and/or Hurricane María.
- Eligible Structure – The damaged property must be one of the following eligible structure types:
- Single Family
- Multi-Use Note: Only rental units and a portion of common areas may qualify for assistance
- Must Lease to LMI Tenants – The owner/landlord must lease to low- to moderate- income (LMI) tenants.
- Agree to a 5 or 15-year Affordability Period – If property has less than 8 units, rental rates must not exceed 30% of the renter’s income for 5 years. If property has 8 units or more, rental rates must not exceed 30% of the renter’s income for 15 years.
- Must agree to year-round rental.